Written by

Writer

February

10


10 Ways to Prepare for and Make Your Future A Success

Whoever came up with the phrase "life is what you make it" had a pretty good idea of what it actually entails. Studies show that 70% of adults wish that they did things differently while they were young. Living with this kind of regret is pure torture but lucky for you, there's chance for your falling into the 30%. Your life is your most prized possession and the decisions you make as a young adult will determine the direction your life will take in the future. The mistake that young adults make is assuming that they've got it all figured out. A single mistake done today might damage your entire future so take risks when necessary and play safe when it's needed. These ten tips will guide you into a guilt free future.

10 — Live a Purpose Filled Life

Mother Teresa, Princess Diana and many more lived a life of admiration. They served a purpose in life, touched many lives and left a legacy behind. A legacy that render them heroes long after their demise. Aspire to make a difference in the world, to others and to yourself. Do not be the kind of person who sits behind the scenes in support of other people's dreams. Do not lose your worth.

9 — Stay Young for as Long as You Can

Rushing in to things that you're not ready for will lead to misery. A perfect example in this case is marriage. Marrying young will most likely end up in regrets. Give yourself time to know yourself, enjoy life, travel the world and meet a few more guys until you can for sure put a finger on your prince charming. Marriage is for life, don't rush.

8 — Make and Maintain Friends

Loneliness will make your days and nights longer. It will see you bury your problems deep within yourself which will eventually eat you up in the name of ulcers and misery. However, it is better to have a few trusted friends than keep a whole lot of them who add no value to you. Be wise in sieving through them to identify the true ones. You need to live life knowing that there are a few people who've got your back. Keep a friend or two for Sunday dinners; for a chance to unwind and reminisce on the good old days.

Sign up for our daily email and get the stories everyone is talking about.